Part 1 General
The warranty for MMS Safety products complies with the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cwth.) and the Australian Consumer Law.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
MMS Safety products are warranted to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period set out in the below table from the date of purchase specified on any receipt or invoice and any defective products will be repaired or replaced subject to the following terms and conditions:
The product was manufactured by or on behalf of MMS Safety and sold by an authorised MMS Safety distributor or reseller
The product was not damaged:
- during transportation; or
- by any abuse, alteration or unauthorised repair;
- by any unauthorised attachments;
- by failure to use same in accordance with the prescribed duty rating;
- by not observing MMS Safety instructions;
- by operating incorrectly;
- or in excess of the recommended load rating; or
- by failure to follow Care, Maintenance and Use directives under ASNZ 1892.5:2000 Portable Ladders - Selection, Safe Use & Care.
MMS Safety guarantees that goods will be reasonably fit for the purpose described and indicated by Duty Rating and Load Rating labels.
- If you consider that the MMS Safety Product which you have purchased is not of a merchantable quality, has a latent defect, or is otherwise not compliant with the conditions, warranties, undertakings and legal rights given to you under Australian Law (for example, it appears faulty, or does not work at all or properly), you can make a claim under this warranty.
If you wish to make a claim under this warranty, you should:
- contact 1300 989 498- visit the Authorised Distributor/Reseller where the MMS Safety Product was purchased
- When you make a claim under this warranty it is essential that you provide a copy of your proof of purchase of the MMS Safety Product, whether in person, by email or by fax. A claim under this warranty is not formally made unless and until that proof of purchase is provided. This does not detract from your statutory rights.
- You will not be able to gain benefit from this warranty without making a claim.
- MMS Safety will determine whether there is a defect, and if so MMS Safety agrees (at its option) to repair, replace or supply equivalent goods, or pay the cost of any of those remedies to the consumer dependent on what is reasonable in the circumstances.
- MMS Safety will be responsible for the collection and freight costs of returning that product or part if return is requested, and to be responsible for the freight costs to deliver any new Product or replacement part to the consumer.